Our mission to provide everyone with exceptional care, without exception is the foundation of everything we do at Valleywise Health. Our Grants Department is one of the driving forces behind our mission, and they work hard to find private, county, state and federal funding opportunities that support every one of our activities and facilities. More importantly, their work gives us the ability to overcome any societal or economic barriers that might otherwise get in the way of us providing excellent treatment.
Thanks to the hard work of our grant department, we’re able to fund research and facilities that:
- Promote breast and cervical cancer screening: Over 1,000 low-income women in our community have received potentially life-saving cancer screenings and treatment.
- Ensure that children have access to care: We help families navigate health care and promote prevention services rather than emergency care.
- Combat domestic violence: Our domestic violence prevention program is made up of a 24/7 crisis response team, crisis intervention and assistance in helping domestic violence victims obtain orders of protection.
- Support national efforts to eradicate HIV/AIDS: We offer routine HIV and Hepatitis C testing in our adult emergency departments in an effort to reduce new infections in our community.
- Address social determinants of health: Children and families are provided with childhood development and parenting classes.
- Collaborate with community agencies: We’re working with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s and Probation Offices to develop a program that connects youth ages 18 to 26 with a medical home.
- Provide telemedicine services to burn patients: Burn victims can be treated by our expert team close to home or transported safely to our campus for additional care.
- Community partnership for utility assistance: We’ve partnered with APS to provide utility assistance for those individuals experiencing a financial crisis because of illness or disease. This ensures people can stay safe in their own home.