Valleywise Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws. You or your representative have the right to not be discriminated against based on age, diagnosis, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, immigration status, disability of either the patient, the patient’s surrogate, patient’s family or support person or the source of payment in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you believe that Valleywise Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: the Limited English Proficiency Hotline, Valleywise Health 1-(602)-344-5904, fax number (602)-344-0427, or fill out the form below. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email.
File a Grievance
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.