Student clinical rotations are scheduled through the individual’s university or college program and require an Affiliation Agreement to be in place. To meet the rotation deadline, you must request a rotation four weeks prior to the start days requested by your school. All students and instructors must be approved three weeks prior to the approved rotation date.
All necessary information for preparation should be provided through your school. Please contact your faculty at your Academic Institution.
Students are discouraged from cold-calling for a preceptor or rotation availability. This must be done through your school coordinator.
Valleywise Health requires that all students complete requirements through myClinicalExchange (mCE) before a rotation begins.
Health & Safety
All students are required to meet the following health & safety requirements:
- Immunizations – MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Tetanus (within the last 10 years), TB (within 1 year of rotation date)
- Drug screen
- DPS Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or a cleared criminal background check
- Government issued photo ID or school photo ID
- Current Influenza Vaccination (Seasonal)
Students participating in patient care must meet all of the above requirements and:
- A current Basic Life Support certification for a health care provider from the American Heart Association (AHA) Training Site