Here are some answers to important questions you might have as you get ready to leave:
What is my discharge plan?
Before you leave the hospital, your doctor will sit down with you to go over your personalized discharge plan. This plan will explain what comes next. It will also help your loved ones with instructions that tell them how to care for you as you continue to heal and recover at home. Following your discharge plan is very important to ensuring a speedy recovery and decreasing your chances of returning to the hospital.
What if I need additional care?
If you and/or your doctor decide that you need additional care while at home, continued care in another specialized facility, special equipment or extra assistance, we will help arrange it for you before you leave. This can include:
- Home care, nursing care or hospice care
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Medical equipment
- Medical transportation
- Home meal programs
- Referrals to a variety of community agencies
If you have any concerns about leaving the hospital or need help finding a doctor, please let us know and we’ll talk with you about your options. Your well-being is our first concern, and we’ll make sure you’re secure and comfortable in your next step.
What other information will I need?
You will receive paperwork called an After-Visit Summary, or AVS. It goes over your condition, medications, follow-up appointments and any other information you need.
You can also find an electronic version of your AVS in your MyChart online account. MyChart lets you access your health information anytime, anywhere from your computer, smartphone or tablet.
With MyChart, you can:
- Review instructions about your care needs
- Receive and review test and lab results
- Email your doctor with non-urgent medical questions and get a response within two business days
- Review your medications, immunizations, allergies and health history
- Request prescription refills from your doctor
- Review visit instructions
We will tell you more about MyChart when you come to the hospital and give you an activation code before you leave.
What do I need to do before I leave?
When it’s time to leave, here are a few things you can do to make the process easier:
- Make sure that you have a follow-up appointment scheduled on your discharge paperwork before leaving (this is very important)
- Have transportation lined up for the day you leave
- Be sure you understand instructions regarding medications or follow-up office visits (we will review your medications with you)
- Don’t forget to check all drawers, cabinets, and night stands before leaving so you don’t leave any personal items behind
- Create a checklist of things to do – you’ll be busy getting ready to leave and there can be a lot to remember, so we recommend creating a checkout checklist and writing down questions you may have.
Help us improve
Once you’re ready to go, you’ll receive a patient survey. Your honest answers help us improve and continue to provide care that meets the needs of our patients all around the Valley.