You’ll need to pay a small fee for any public record you’re looking to receive. If the estimated cost of your request is expected to be more than $10, you’ll need to pay the entire cost before we release the records to you.
Here is a breakdown of some costs you can expect:
Standard copying charges
- Letter size or Legal size – single-sided $0.30 per sheet
- Letter size or Legal size – double-sided $0.45 per sheet
- Letter size or Legal size – color single-sided $0.75 per sheet
- Letter size or Legal size – color double-sided $1.13 per sheet
Audio/visual or data disc charges
- Audio Compact Disc (80 minutes of audio per disc) $10.00 per disc
- Data Compact Disc (700MB of data per disc) $10.00 per disc
Note: If one of your documents or discs requires editing of some information, you’ll need to request a minimum of two copies.
Your payment options depend on how much your total cost ends up being.
- If your fees are less than $25.00, you may pay in cash or by personal check. If paying in cash, please have the exact amount, as we cannot provide change.
- If your fees are more than $25.00, you must pay by certified check or money order payable to Valleywise Health.
- Email – only documents electronically available can be emailed – No charge
- Fax – up to 20 pages – $0.50 per page
- U.S. Postal Service – Based on weight
- In-person/Pick-up – No charge
All commercial requests must be reviewed and authorized by Valleywise Health’s General Counsel. According to Arizona law, we will assess the following commercial request charges:
- A portion of the cost to us for obtaining the original or copies of the documents, printouts or photographs, including the cost of searching
- A reasonable fee for the cost of time, materials, equipment and personnel used in producing and copying the record, or
- The value of the reproduction on the commercial market as best determined by our auditor and the appropriate department.
Requests submitted by the media are generally considered non-commercial.