During each meeting, the Board of Directors (Board) conduct a “Call to the Public” (CTP). This is the time when members of the public may address the Board on District business in general or on a published agenda item. Any individual or group desiring to address the Board at a Board meeting shall comply with the following procedure:
- The individual or group must complete and submit a signed Request to Speak form (provided below) before the Chairman makes a Call to Public at the beginning of the meeting. Any written materials for the Board must be included with the form.
- All remarks shall be made from the podium or designated location and be addressed to the Board as a body, not to any individual Board member.
- Individual’s comments will be limited to three (3) minutes. Speakers should stay on the subject.
- A maximum of ten (10) minutes will be set aside for each agenda item on which the public comment has been requested.
- The Board will make reasonable attempts to hear any differing viewpoints.
- No individual will be permitted to relinquish her/his time to another person.
- Individuals may not address staff or other members of the public.
- Only persons recognized by the Chairman shall be permitted to address the Board.
- Rudeness, vulgarity or remarks disrespecting the personal dignity of any individual will not be permitted.
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, any action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to responding to criticism, directing staff to review the matter or adding the item to a future agenda. Board members may respond to criticism.
I have read the “Call to the Public” Procedure above and would like to address the Board.
Request forms should be submitted at least two hours prior to the start of the meeting.