What is the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program?
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program exists to make sure you or your loved ones living with HIV can always receive the best care and support, regardless of your ability to pay or insurance status.
The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program enables us to provide you with:
- HIV medical care
- HIV medications
- Case management
- Oral health
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Health insurance premium and copay assistance
- Nutrition services and food supplements
- Psychosocial services
- Treatment adherence services
- Free home test kit
Ryan White Sliding Fee Schedule
We receive financial support from many different parts of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, one of which requires us to have a sliding fee discount schedule. A “sliding fee schedule” simply means that the price of treatment depends on your ability to pay. Please note that enrollment in Ryan White is not insurance.
The Ryan White Sliding Fee only applies to:
- Primary care visits with a doctor who can prescribe medication
- Patients above 100% of FPL (Federal Poverty Level).
The Ryan White Sliding Fee Discount does NOT apply to:
- Patients at or below 100% of FPL (Federal Poverty Level).
- Labs, nurse visits, dental, behavioral health, imaging, specialty care, or support services.
Other things to remember:
- You will always be seen as scheduled, even if you are unable to pay the fee.
- You will not receive a bill if you are unable to pay the fee.
- You will never be denied service if you are unable to pay the fee.
- The fees cannot be covered by or billed to cost sharing programs.
Are you new to Arizona and/or have you recently received an HIV diagnosis? Your first stop should be the Central Eligibility office.
Central Eligibility will help you apply for Ryan White services, renew your application every six months and make sure you’re always set to receive the best care for your HIV. Even if you have health insurance, you might still qualify for certain Ryan White services, like co-pay assistance or oral health services.
The office is located at 1366 E. Thomas Rd, Suite 203, Phoenix, AZ 85014. Call (602) 212-3788 or 1-(866)-716-2177 to schedule an appointment, or simply walk in Monday through Thursday between 8 AM and 4 PM.
More questions about HIV?
HIVAZ.org is the main HIV resource for people living in Arizona.