At Valleywise Health, you’ll never have to wonder how or where you’re going to get the care you need. We have everything you need to manage your HIV/AIDS at any stage. When you visit the Valleywise Community Health Center – McDowell, you can feel confident that you’ll receive complete care, regardless of your ability to pay.
We are grateful for the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, which has supported us with the funding we need to be able to serve as the largest provider of HIV/AIDS-related medical care for adults across Maricopa County.
We offer a wide range of treatments including:
- Outpatient treatment
- Early, quick intervention and prevention services
- If you’ve just been newly diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, it’s extremely important to begin treatment as soon as possible. We’re here to make sure you always have everything you need. Taking your HIV medications as prescribed can result in an undetectable level of HIV in your blood. If you’re undetectable, you cannot transmit HIV to others – this is called “prevention through treatment.”
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Once daily medication that can be used in combination with other prevention methods (such as condoms) to substantially reduce the risk of HIV infection.
- Support services and care coordination