The mission of the Creighton University School of Medicine/Valleywise Health Medical Center General Surgery Residency Program is to cultivate exemplary surgeons possessing the values of integrity, compassion and excellence, and who are well prepared to serve our local, regional and global communities. Surgery residents rotate on the various surgical specialties including acute care surgery, advanced laparoscopy, breast, burn, colorectal, general surgery, hand surgery, head and neck surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, surgical intensive care, thoracic, transplant, trauma, urology and vascular surgery.
To learn more details about this program, visit the Creighton University Surgery Residency page or visit the Creighton University website.
The General Surgery Residency Program is based at our Valleywise Health Hospital, a 449-bed acute care hospital located near the heart of downtown Phoenix. Affiliations with other organizations also provide our surgery residents with a diverse patient population and a wide variety of preoperative, operative and postoperative experiences.
Locations and Affiliations
- Valleywise Health Medical Center
- Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital & Portland Providence Hospital – Portland, Oregon
- Mayo Clinic Phoenix
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center
- Abrazo Arrowhead Hospital
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
- St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Arrowhead Hospital
- Banner Thunderbird Hospital