Some of our main services include:
- Specialized care for geriatric patients
- Specialized care for the frail, vulnerable and medically-compromised
- Frequent screenings, evaluations and comprehensive psychiatric and medical assessments
- Individualized treatment planning, including:
- Counseling services
- Group and recreational therapy
- Coordination with primary care physicians
- Help transitioning back into the patient’s community after discharge
- Thorough discharge planning (which begins at admission)
- Aftercare service planning
Adolescent Inpatient Treatment
Our adolescent unit at Valleywise Behavioral Health Center – Mesa provides specialized treatment for young patients in our care who are between 13- to 17-years-old.
We know this stage of life can be hard for teens. They tend to respond to difficult situations with challenging behavior. We use an innovative system, developed by Dr. Ross Greene, to teach them the skills to resolve disagreements in a healthy, collaborative way.
We want you to know that when your young loved one is in our care, they’re receiving help that will enable them to recover and grow into their best selves.
Adult Involuntary Treatment
If the court orders a family member to undergo an involuntary mental health evaluation and treatment, this will take place at either our Valleywise Behavioral Health Center – Phoenix or our Valleywise Behavioral Health Center – Mesa.
Having a loved one involuntarily confined can be frightening for you. Our team members will help your family through this difficult and confusing process. Rest assured, we treat all our patients with respect and compassion and will ensure they receive effective aftercare services during recovery.
Court proceedings take place in a specially designed mental health courtrooms in our Valleywise Behavioral Health Center – Mesa and Valleywise Behavioral Health Center – Phoenix facilities.
Geriatric/Medical Psychiatric Inpatient
We understand your concern when it comes to your elderly loved one. Elderly patients can be frail or have unique medical needs that create special challenges when it comes to treating their mental illness. To put your mind at ease, we have experts on hand, including psychiatrists and internal medicine physicians, who specialize in working with geriatric psychiatric patients.