The mission of the Valleywise Health Center Psychiatry Residency Program is to provide a nurturing environment for our residents’ professional and personal growth; train them to become outstanding clinicians and teachers, who not only find fulfillment in working with the underserved patient population but who will make meaningful contributions in the field of psychiatry.
To learn more details about this program, visit the Creighton University Psychiatry Residency page or visit the Creighton University website.
We have the largest number of acute inpatient psychiatric beds in Phoenix. Six units are located at the campus in Mesa. There are three additional general psychiatric units and one geriatric/medical unit that are located at the Annex or main campus. Several more units are opening at Maryvale Hospital.
Locations and Affiliations
- Valleywise Behavioral Health Services
- Valleywise Behavioral Health Center – Phoenix
- Valleywise Behavioral Health Center – Maryvale
- Valleywise Behavioral Health Center – Mesa
- Valleywise Community Health Center – Avondale
- Valleywise Assertive Community Treatment
- Barrow Neurological Institute: St. Joseph’s Hospital
- Arizona State Hospital
- Community Partners Integrated Health
- Phoenix VA Healthcare System
- Partners In Recovery
- Southwest Network
- St. Vincent de Paul – Job Corps
- Maricopa County Correctional Health Services
- Mayo Clinic
- Banner Health
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital